Saturday 20 December 2014

Rapture: The bride of Christ

I'm sure you are no stranger to the basis of a wedding so I'm not going to discuss details. But we all know that attending a wedding is often fun. You get to dress up, see a couple mature in their relationship and you even get to see your distant family members. I am sure we all have that cousin in America, the aunt from London...
Now let's discuss the bride in a wedding. 
In some weddings, you get the superstitious bride. I am sure you can recall this saying from at least one movie:"It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." I have a hunch that the bride is afraid of the groom seeing her in panic mode and in order to conceal her alter ego, she acts all superstitious(sarcastic face)
Then you get the bride with the brooding face whose designer shoes being on too tight is by the way not the problem. But is actually due to her getting cold feet about no longer residing with her parents and beginning a new life. When a groom gets cold feet, it is probably because he is afraid of his wife-to-be. Just kidding. Let's not forget our fairytale brides who crave magical, enchanting weddings with a horse-drawn carriage, a 4 tier cake, a release of white doves and an aisle filled with rose petals. I take it as read that this is every bride's dream and as you're reading this, I'm sure you are envisioning the typical fairytale wedding. Now that I'm thinking about it, nearly every fairy tale I have heard includes a damsel in distress being rescued by a stereotypical charming prince. Predictable in a fairy tale, right? This prince then sweeps them off their feet to live happily ever after in his castle.             


LOOKING BACK...

The wedding of Talia(maternal aunt) and Kelseley Reddy
 

I remember attending my aunt's wedding. I was the ring bearer. Please note the length of the dress in the picture on the right. It was raining heavily and my aunt had to remain seated in the car in order to prevent her dress from getting dirty. This exceeded the time in which the wedding was set to commence by an hour(straight face).

I'm sure that by now you've realised that there are many types of brides. Now let's discuss the BRIDE OF CHRIST. If you found yourself getting carried away with a fairytale wedding, what we're about to discuss may render you speechless. We, being 'damsels in distress' on earth, don't wait for a prince to take us to his castle. We wait for the king, not just any king. But the KING of kings and this is none other than our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRISTHe will literally sweep us off our feet and take us to His Kingdom(this is referred to as rapture). Once again, not just any kingdom, but the Kingdom of Heaven. Through rapture we go from mortality to immortality. One day, and when I say one day, I am not referring to an imaginary day in a parallel universe(grin). I am being real. There is no joke about it. Our bridegroom IS coming back down to earth to receive his bride. We need to live in readiness of this day, even though we don't know exactly when this glorious day is. We don't need to be brooding brides. We don't need to have cold feet for it is a wonderful day. Wonderful is an understatement for the day of our Lord.  No astronomer or astrologer knows the day of our Lord's return. He will come like a thief in the night (1 THESSALONIANS 5:2; REVELATION 21:2; 2 PETER 3:10 KJV) and we need to pull our act together so that we can live with our Lord HAPPILY EVER AFTER.


  • Declare your salvation
  • Declare that the devil flee from you at once
  • Declare your seat in the Kingdom of Heaven


There is a hymn that we sing in Church that I think is perfect for this post. It is one of my favourites. Here are the lyrics to "WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE."

There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon his face,
The one who saved me by his grace;
When he takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon his face,
The one who saved me by his grace;
When he takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.




God bless!





















8 comments:

  1. Wow... :D So proud of you. Just your first post and you've already got us thinking. Well thought out and interesting. Clicked subscribe the moment I had finished reading. Can't wait for what's next :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching and inspirational... Hoping to read lots more 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speechless............can't wait for what's next.God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this blog. May it continue to inspire you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. God bless.

      Delete
  5. Wow everything you said is so true.. and true for me in many way as I am counting down to my wedding in March... we all wait in anticipation of magical events and celebration.. but what would we do when God is in front of us! I will now remember to wait in anticipation of God, in whatever way, shape, form or name we know HIM by...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Great to know that you are inspired by this post. God bless and I wish you the the best of luck for your wedding.

      Delete
    2. You are truly a gift from God...So proud of you.May Jesus always have his blood covering hands over you always.God bless

      Delete